Wednesday, December 9, 2009

~ Welcome ~ Our Home For The Holidays

I hope you'll join me on a Holiday Tour of our home. I don't go crazy, like when my kids were little, but I like to decorate for Christmas just because I think it looks so pretty and sparkly.

First, let me apologize for the quality of the pictures. I tried many different things {flash on, flash off, day time, night time} but I am a shaky person to begin. So with that said, I will limit the commentary except to say which rooms you are looking at, as the sucky thing about Blogger is working with picture lay-out.

This is our great room, where we set up our main tree and where we usually gather and exchange our gifts.









This is the fireplace mantel in our den. This is where we watch television and where I mostly sit and play on my laptop.



I added some Christmasy scrapbook paper to the candles.



This is the top of the roll top desk in my living room, holding my Snowmen.



Yes, this lamp needs a shade and, you know, a bulb would be good, too. I found it in the basement and thought the colors worked for the holiday. I had painted this unfinished wood lamp for my son's room several years ago. It went with the colors we had going on in the bedding and cornice at the time. After Christmas I think I'm going to paint it to work in my living room and have it sit on top of the desk.







Chest in entry foyer.



I wired my two pieces of garland wrong on the staircase. I usually have the cord end at the top of the stairs and plug it into the guest room, which is right there. For some reason, I didn't check it before I started and after the time I spent on it, I wasn't about to do it over. So there you go ~ a lovely cord hanging down from the stairs!


One of my Goodwill trees.


Side table in the dining room.



Hutch.






Back to the great room.

About 10 years ago, I found these quilted type stockings at Michaels with the cross-stitch cuff. I cross-stitched all our names on the cuffs {with my own design} and added little Christmas trees to mine and my daughter's.





Living room coffee table with my Dollar Tree candle holders.



Great room mantel.



Foyer staircase close-ups.









Entry foyer chest again.



Hall tree in entry foyer.






Just a few small touches in the master bedroom.






Great room mantel. Again.


Main tree.






I don't do too much in the kitchen ~ just a few little things.









Dining room table.


Window seat in great room.





Whew! That was a lot! I hope you enjoyed seeing a peek inside my house at Christmas. I'm sure that if I change things, and once Christmas Eve and Christmas Day arrive, I'll have additional pictures to add. Hope you won't mind!

Linking up to the following Holiday Home Linky Parties. Be sure to come by and see everyone else's homes!

Southern Hospitality's Home for the Holidays ~ December 10th

Hooked on Houses' Hooked on Holiday House Tours ~ December 11th

Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes ~ December 14th

Thrify Decor Chick's Oh Christmas Tree ~ December 14th


42 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

It all looks so good! I especially like the garland around the bannister. Just gorgeous!

Vanessa said...

Looks great, you've worked really hard! Now you should sit back and have a cup of hot chocolate, or maybe a glass of wine.
Love
Vanessa

Melissa Miller said...

Kathy everything looks very pretty and Christmas-y at your beautiful home! I really love your stunning tree and banister railings.

Thank you for your sweet comment tonight on our trees. You are so kind!

Thank you for the reminder...I forgot I was linking up with Rhoda's party as well.




s

StylishHeather said...

It looks wonderful - I'm jealous :)

I never have more than Christmas trees (our regular one and the one for the kids in the playroom) and some garland on the mantel - I've definitely been inspired to decorate for next Christmas!

Jane said...

Wow! I'm realizing that I am really behind on my decorating. Your home looks beautiful for the holidays. Very festive and welcoming.
Jane

Tiffani said...

Beautiful home - love the stairs!

Embellished Bayou said...

You did a wonderful job, Kathy! Everything looks so festive.

Moore Minutes said...

So fun to see your tour! I really love your garland on your stairs! And I'm very impressed with your name design on the stockings.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Everything looks so festive! I love your banister garland (even with the cord - I hate when I do stuff like that! LOL). It's so full and luxurious looking. Don't you just love decorating for the Holidays?

Thanks so much for sharing! Have a great weekend.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Kathy,
Your home looks soooo PRETTY...ready for Christmas it is! LOVE the stockings! Hope you have a FUN day visiting all the beautiful homes!

Blessings,
Linda

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

So many things to love!! Kathy your house looks so Christmas-y. Love the jingle bells in the jar and the tray filled with blue/white/silver bulbs. Your mantle is so pretty and the stair rail is gorgeous with the bulbs hanging off. All of it truly looks so great! Loved seeing all the photos!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

It's all very pretty and Christmasy, Kathy!

Inspired Comblogulations said...

I thought your pictures look really good. It is hard taking pictures of your own house. I bet I took three hundred of my Christmas post... and tried all the flash options too.
Your house looks wonderful. It has so much warmth and love in the decorations. I love looking at other peoples ideas, not so much mine though. Didn't the Good Will tree turn out fab. Where is the other one? I bet we'll see it in your next post... and yes please share some more. I loved everything, clever and inviting. What time do you want me for hot chocolate and goodies?
Lee

Sue said...

You've done a very nice job of "Christmasfying" the house, Kathy. I love your banister- cord and all. *grin* All of the rooms are so festive.

One Crazy Mama said...

Everthing looks so festive!! I just love this time of year. Thanks for sharing!!

Blue Creek Home said...

What a fun tour of your lovely home.
I love those drapes in your great room.
I love the red and lime things peeking from your china cabinet.
And yep, there are those year round topiaries! Gotta love a good topiary. And the big green shiny package on the mantle...love it!
Rhonda

Dena Pickle said...

Awesome job! I love the blue in the bedroom. I'm not decorating upstairs at all this year :(
I made those same candle holders from the dollar store...great minds think alike!

Dena

Rue said...

Your home looks beautiful! I love your sense of humor and you really did a nice job on the pictures even if you don't think so :)

rue

Design Esquire said...

Everything looks gorgeous!! I love the angel on top of your tree (that was my family tradition too). I wish I had as many pretty decorations as you!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Love all the decorations! The apothecary, little bunny, cloche are all so pretty.

If you don't like working with blogger try Windows Live writer. Easy to work with and easy to download.I use it all the time now and just import to my blog.

Angie said...

Everything looks so beautiful and Christmasy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! I love all your pretty decorating! Love the little bunny with the jar and matching ornaments! Thanks for stopping by my house.
Be a sweetie and Merry Christmas,
Shelia ;)

One Cheap B*tch said...

Oh Kathy, everything looks just so pretty! I can't wait to see everything in person! We haven't even put our tree up yet. =(

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

It was a lot and I enjoyed every bit of it! You have been a busy little elf! I'm especially loving your staircase and your little white fluffy tree. I'll take those both please :).

Richella Parham said...

What a fun tour! Everything looks lovely.

You know, I have a cord hanging down from my staircase garland, too. Oh, well. Small price to pay for the fun lights, huh?

Looks like you guys are set for a very merry Christmas. Blessings to you and all your loved ones.

Anonymous said...

pk @ Room Remix
It all looks so pretty and festive. I love the way your banister looks and the cute little tree in the foyer. Great job!

Debra said...

Everything looks so nice! I did the scrapbook paper candles too. But you're paper is much cuter than mine. :)

Anonymous said...

It's all so festive! I never would have thought to use little gift boxes on a garland, what a fun touch.
Cords are such a challenge arent they! Sometimes I work and work to hide one, and then it shows up anyway- oh well, with all the love and fun you put into it the cord is even noticable. I didnt see it the first time I read your post, and had to go back looking for it after reading some one elses comment!

Love the apothacary jar in the kitchen too!

2sisters said...

It looks wonderful! I love it! I hate uploading pictures to blogger too. I use Windows Live Writer for my pitures and posts, and then just do a little tweaking in blogger. I like the balance of the two.
teri

cindy said...

Lots of great holiday decorating ideas here! I love the cross-stitched stockings...reminds me of the ones I had as a child. And all your santas are adorable! Everything looks festive and cozy...nice job!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

At least you have a staircase banister to put garland on. I live in a one story house. I am really enjoying seeing everyone's Christmas decor. Thanks for sharing all of yours. And thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment on my Christmas decor.

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Kathy, your home is beautiful. I had a hard time taking pictures for my blog too. I clearly need to take a class since I can only take decent pictures outside. I really like the red and lime green in your kitchen and I think the feather/boa tree in your master is funky!

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hey Kathy~
What wonderful Christmas decorating!
And this is scaled back?? Looks like a whole lot of decorations to me. And they were so much fun to see and it was fun to visit your home for the Holidays.
Donna

The Tuscan Home said...

Kathy, Kathy, Kathy...you have OUTDONE yourself. WOW! I love everything you've done. Your trees are gorgeous. I love your garland going down the stairs, just beautiful. Your tables with the holiday decor look so festive. A+++++++ job! Thanks so much for sharing.

Also, thank you for the nice comments on my blog and for the suggestions on my mantle...you rock!

Have a great weekend!

Liz

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, you've got so many pretty things to look at, it all looks so festive! Thanks for joining the party & Merry Christmas to you, my friend!

Katie@Yoga Gal said...

I really liked the scrapbook paper around the candles, I am going to have to use that idea! You have made some lovely Christmas touches to your home, thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Your home is so pretty, I love all your decor, you have done a wonderful job!! Thanks for sharing! Merry CHristmas!

Unknown said...

Very festive everywhere you look! I especially like the lime green touches on the mantle.
Wish I had to decorate this year....(sad face)
Great job Kathy!
Apron is on it's way!!!

KimMalk said...

Everything looks nice Kathy. I keep meaning to hang a wreath from my curtain rods - nice!

Verdigris Vie said...

So lovely - you don't go crazy? this is crazy by my standards..:-) and I adore it..

Charity said...

Your house looks amazing. GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Anonymous said...

So pretty and festive.. Your home is a lovely addition to the Holiday Home Tour and I am so glad I stopped in to see it.
Brightest Blessings to you and yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...