Monday, March 14, 2011

New To Me Thrift Store & Our Finds

Over the weekend, my daughter and I decided to visit Selden Thrift, a local thrift store in our area, just for a change from Goodwill.  It was “eh”.  The prices were kind of high {I thought}, although, they did carry more furniture than I’ve ever seen at my Goodwill. 

This is what we found for my daughter, with all of these things being used in the baby’s nursery area.  This cute little pink rosebud topiary in a green pot.  This matches the colors she has done already and is the perfect size to sit on the skirted side table.

DSC00848_0539

This lovely box.  I loved this not only for it’s shape, but for the rosebud knob to lift the cover off.  Another piece that will fit right in after a little cleaning up.

DSC00849_0540

And another little rose floral piece. 

DSC00850_0541

Next weekend I will be able to take pictures of the finished look of the skirted table, rosebud lampshade, Alice pillows on a chair, and the crib dust ruffle {which is in progress}.  I’m really looking forward to sharing these completed projects!

Kathy

9 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Wonderful finds, Kathy! It's been awhile since I've been thrift shopping but I did go Friday to my favorite antique shops and came home with some treasures. I don't know if you saw them on or not. I posted them this weekend.

I'm anxious for garage sale weather to return!!!

xxoo
Marsha

Tina said...

What beautiful finds! I love the box!!
There were yard sales all over town this weekend and I wasn't able to make it out. I'm hitting Goodwill and the thrift stores today to make up for it! :-)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Kathy, these are all perfect and I cannot wait to see the finished product!! Especially the skirted table!

Have a great week!

Lou Cinda

One Cheap B*tch said...

You found some nice things there. I feel like Mom and I went in there too and I didn't find a darn thing I liked. It was huge though and a lot more than the GW over there.

J

Anonymous said...

Awesome finds. I think the little box is my favorite.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Sweet, sweet finds. Can't wait to see the finished nursery.
CAS

Vintagesouthernlife said...

You got some beautiful things!

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, what great finds and they all will no doubt fit perfectly in your granddaughters little nursery area. Looking forward to seeing the nursery.

Enjoy your day,
Gail

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...