Friday, October 14, 2011

Kitchen Is Coming Along

Thanks so much for your input on my kitchen with the high ledge.  I feel like the ledge shouldn’t be ignored and when I was in Hobby Lobby I did see some large size pieces that may work.  If I put a few substantial pieces up there, it will look better and be easier to deal with {cleaning} than several smaller size pieces.  Meanwhile, I added my three faux greenery pieces to the tops of the cabinets.

DSC03362_2751

This picture just shows two; the third is behind me.  I also brought out my bunny tray {in my living room at the old house} and a metal grill {formerly dining room}.  I stuck a fairly large topiary piece up there just to see how it looked and since it is out of the way at the moment, I left it there until I find something better.

DSC03358_2747

I added this great cake stand that I got from One Kings Lane a few months ago to the top of the refrigerator with some herb labeled pots that I’ve had for awhile now.  That cabinet is so ridiculously far back, I can’t see ever using it, so I’m okay with putting accessories in front of it.

DSC03356_2745

I also worked on the cabinet with the glass doors.  I added my white pieces.  Not as many as I thought I had, but I’m sure I’ll be adding to it over time!

DSC03324_2724

Then added in some Beatrix Potter figurines.  I also found two battery operated string lights that I will be able to use at night.

DSC03326_2726

DSC03327_2727

I’m thinking of using three of the sandwich plates that are part of my white set of everyday dishes on plate stands in the middle of each shelf.  Just to make it stand out more; the back looks pretty bland.

My favorite addition so far is adding this scrolly metal piece {that was in my living room in the other house} over the kitchen door leading to the pantry, laundry and garage.

DSC03359_2748

We still need to get the lighting to go underneath the cabinets.  Having no window in here makes that a must.  I took these pictures just using the overhead lighting, plus it is cloudy and raining here today.  The perfect trifecta for crappy pictures!  Hopefully, I’ll get some better ones in the future.

Kathy

23 comments:

Marsha said...

It's looking great, Kathy!

xxoo
Marsha

Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks great! You have made amazing progress! I love the addition of your bunnies! I also love bunnies! The cabinet ledge looks gorgeous! I love the top of the fridge too! It ties in beautifully!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your kitchen is really looking great, Kathy!! I love the cabinets and how you have decorated above them {missed your last post}. I like how you decorated above the fridge, too. I have those crazy cabinets that you can't reach, too, and I keep seasonal platters that I don't use everyday up there. At the lake we keep bottles of alcohol up there for parties. They really can be a waste of space though. The glass cabinets are fantastic and they looks so pretty dressed in white. Love them.

Wishing you lots of sunshine this weekend!!

XO,
Jane

The Tuscan Home said...

Nice Job, Kathy! LOVE the cake stand on top of the fridge, such a nice tough and I like the scrolly thing above the door! Keep those pictures coming....

Have a great weekend! XO ~Liz

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your kitchen is looking great Kathy!

Pamela said...

Looks fabulous Kathy! I always have a tough time decorating above cabinets! Thankfully mine are too tall and all I had to do was throw some grapevine up there.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Loving it Kathy!!! Just loving it!!! Everything is coming together Beautifully!!

Lou Cinda

DIYbyDesign said...

Your kitchen is really coming along. It looks so much more homey already. I love all of your vignettes. You did a great job with the decorating on top of the cabinets too. Have a great weekend.

Stitchfork said...

Lookin' good!
xo Cathy

Becca Bertotti said...

Looks great, Kathy! Love the scrollie over your door ... you're off to a wonderful start decorating your soffits, too! And, I'm so envious you have an appliance garage ... lucky! Can't wait to see more ... xo

jerri said...

Okay I am really liking the pieces you brought in.......except the greenery. What about natural items, like branches. I was told by our decorator, "No fake greenery, it only collects dust." What about an antique piece, like a RadioFlyer or something dear to your heart.????

Okio B Designs said...

Love that bunny cabinet! Looking great so far!

J

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Hi Kathy - I love everything you're doing.... especially the vignette above the fridge. I love your updates - keep them coming.

:)
ButterYum

At The Picket Fence said...

Your kitchen looks just beautiful Kathy! I can't believe how quickly you are pulling everything together. I love that cake stand!
Vanessa

momstheword said...

I love your kitchen! Love the scroll work over the door too. I don't have much room above my cabinets but if I ever move into a home that does I am going to put a child sized wooden chair up there with a fake plant on it or something. Just think it would be fun, lol!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, I bet you are having so much fun decorating your new home. Everything is looking wonderful. Have a fun weekend.
xo,
Sherry

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Looking good, Kathy! You're quickly turning that house into a home. I have to tell you, I'm in lust with fabulous cake stand. Have a great weekend!

Michele and Todd said...

Oh I love the white porcelain. I have a vintage white pitcher collection. It is great what you have done to your home. very lovely!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Everythings looking great Kathy. You've added some nice touches with what you already own.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You do have a nice high area above you cabinets. Yes, go big. You must get my blog updates late because the new post went up at 7.

The Single Nester said...

Things are looking really lovely! NY misses you!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Oh wow you do have a beautiful area for your displays. Your kitchen is looking terrific.

Dee

Geneva said...

Your kitchen looks great, and I love the way your are pulling all the decorative elements together. Really enjoyed reading this post and seeing all your inspiring photographs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...