Friday, October 7, 2011

So Far . . .

I did hang some pictures.  There were a few I held off on because I was giving them a second thought, so we’ll see if those go up where I originally thought.  Here’s what I did so far.  The oversized clock in the kitchen area.

DSC03297_2697

My egg prints over the chest and on the attached wall.

DSC03305_2705

Still looking for the harp piece for that lamp so I can put my shade back on.

DSC03300_2700

DSC03304_2704

I have four fern prints and three wild grass prints that are all framed in a bamboo style frame.  I did the wild grass prints in the master bath and was going to do the ferns over the bed, but thought maybe the headboard is enough on that wall.  So, I’m on hold with those at the moment.

DSC03306_2706

Once I straighten up the bathroom countertop I’ll be able to give you a better picture of the whole bathroom. 

DSC03308_2708

The same with the floral prints for the guest room.  I’m debating whether I want to put them over the bed {no headboard}, two on either side of the window and/or the other two elsewhere in the room.   Contrary to what my husband thinks, I don’t enjoy putting random and unnecessary holes in the wall, so I’d like to be at least 90% sure I like where I hang them.

Meanwhile, I’m still opening things up and figuring out where to place them, but I’m glad I got some pictures up.  It makes me feel like I’m completing some areas.

Kathy

16 comments:

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Kathy, good to see you are moved in! I'm sure you are enjoying decorating a new place. The egg prints look great where you put them. Have fun decorating! Kristen

LuLu Kellogg said...

Have fun feathering your nest!!

The egg prints look great on the two walls. I also love the bamboo frames!

LuLu~*xoxo

Unknown said...

Good Morning Kathy! I have missed too much! You are now living in Ohio? I had to giggle at the photograph you used of the car ready for the move. Oh my is your new place coming along so beautifully under your talented eye. The prints of the blue flowers are wonderful! Oh how I need to spend my pennies on my home instead of my craft room. (Must put this on my to do list!) Your son's apartment turned out fantastic. Again, your creativity astounds me! Have a great Ohio fall weekend! Elizabeth

Room to Inspire said...

Hi Kathy,

You won one of the Salvage-Style Projects book from my giveaway!! Please email me your address and I will ship it out right away. Have a great weekend!

roomtoinspire@comcast.net

Chelsea

Melissa Miller said...

Kathy that is looking might nice so far. I like the ones above the chest. Lovely!

I didn't realize you were moving to Ohio. My hubs is from Dayton and is an Ohio Stat grad.
Where are you? He has family all over the state. We lived there for two years and I loved it.

Blondie's Journal said...

it looks like you are really settling in...it must be a good feeling. I am not good at hanging pictures at all and usually have my daughter level them up. Then she can get the blame for the nail holes! lol. I love the egg prints...I think our taste is a lot the same.

Have a GREAT weekend!!

XO,
Jane

Gail said...

Hi Kathy, I love your chest with the egg prints above it! Everything is looking good. I bet you're exhausted at nights.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Gail

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love those egg prints Kathy! And they look great!! It is starting to all fall into place and is going to be FABULOUS!! Are you learning your way around your new city? And your daughter, SIL and sweet baby girl are getting all settled in too?

I hope you have a great weekend!!

Lou Cinda

Michele Smith said...

Have fun making it feel like home. Those prints over the chest are cute!

Roeshel said...

Looking good, Kathy! Moving is such a pain but unpacking and redecorating is the better part! ;)
Enjoy the weekend! :)

Looking forward to seeing more!

Amy Chalmers said...

Kathy, it looks great! I never worry about holes in walls~thank goodness. Send me your new address for the tape you won, so I can have it shipped.

Becca Bertotti said...

You're going to town, aren't you, Kathy! I love the egg prints you hung over the chest! I admire you for being 90% sure of placement before nailing away. It only 10% for me, thus the reason for the bazillion holes in my walls. LOL. Can't wait to see more ... xo

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Looking good, Kathy! I bet you're really having a ball getting your new home together. I would imagine all your things might even feel "new" again . . . arranging everything in new ways in new rooms. What fun! Keep up that momentum and keep us updated on all your new developments ;o)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey what beautiful progress your making. I love how you arranged these pretty pictures.
Your house is going to be so lovely just like you
Love
Maggie

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Lookin good Kathy! I love those egg prints and the vignette on the table below looks so pretty! Your getting there! Martina

Pamela said...

Love where ya put the egg prints and your fabulous table Kathy! It all looks very lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...