I found two bread boards at Goodwill last week. I don’t see them there very often so I grabbed both of them. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any before pictures of this one, but I will make sure I get one of the second one. I decided to try out the Mod Podge transfer method again. My first try a year or so ago wasn’t very successful, but I think it’s because I didn’t let it dry overnight.
I used this great grain sack image from Karen at The Graphics Fairy. My sister, Jeanine over at Okio B Designs, just used the same image and transfer method on her own Goodwill find. I printed out several images when I was going to the library last month and copied them on the copier at the library.
Some ASCP French Linen is the base. Because this was a somewhat dark board, and had an owl painted in the middle, it took three coats. I waited between 24-48 hours after painting and then, using the reverse printed version of the above image, applied Mod Podge and attached it to the board. Smoothing it down and letting it dry overnight.
The above pictures show that I still have a little more cleaning up to do, because I can still see some glue residue.
After resorting to using my finger, I think I got it as good as it’s going to get! Otherwise I’m afraid I’m going to remove too much of the image. I added a bit of twine to the top for a hanger and as soon as I get a hook, it will be getting hung up not far from where it is sitting here.
I had originally thought I would put it in my Etsy shop, but I just love the way it turned out too much! Maybe the second one!