Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Copycat Challenge ~ Blogger Edition

I was thrilled when Debbie decided to do a Copycat Challenge linky party highlighting projects we find inspiration from that other bloggers provide!  I find them often!  I do try to add my own twist to them, though, rather than doing exact copies. I have a couple I just did recently that I thought I would share for the party.

SONY DSC

Apron.   I found this one months ago at Miss Flibbertigibbit and have had it saved to make.  Lorraine made this cool apron as a copycat from a magazine.  I liked it so much, I wished it was a skirt {and I did wind up upcycling some Goodwill skirts I found into a ruffled denim skirt}! 

SONY DSC

This was an easy and quick project that didn’t cost me anything! Everything I used I already had at home.  That post is here.

SONY DSC

Silverware HolderThe next project was inspired by Debbie at Confessions of a Plate Addict.  I get a lot of inspiration from Debbie’s projects.  This one was an image she got from The Graphics Fairy and added the text. 

SONY DSC

Debbie made tea towels with hers {and in a separate post made a really great silverware holder with a different graphic}.  I kind of combined two of her ideas into this one.  You can find the full post here.

SONY DSC

There are others, but these two are the most recent.  I get so much inspiration from all the talented bloggers out there and here’s a big Thank You to these two! 

Don’t forget to enter my Summer Giveaway running on my blog here, that runs through August 4th!

15 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Both are super. I love the apron and skirts, they are so cute and the silverware holder is such a cute idea too. You did a great job with your copies. Hugs, Marty

Sonny G said...

wow, 2 great copies, Kathy..

I really like your version of the originals. Its so great we can take something and make it OUR WAY..

I may have to copy your jean aprons since I have 2 pairs in my donation bag anyway. Now I see a way to use them..

I just adore all the smat creative minds here in Blogland and as I said in a post this week, you are one of my Favs..

I admire your style.

xo
Sonny

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Great Copycats! Now I am copycatting from you. I must make that flatware holder!

Pam @ Frippery said...

Very cute ideas. I love the silverware holder! Yes, inspiration abounds in Blogland and everyone is so generous in sharing their creativity.
Take care, Pam

Anonymous said...

Kathy, so cute! I love the flatware holders! The aprons are darling! Great job!

DIYbyDesign said...

I just love your copycat projects. They both look awesome.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Fun copycat ideas. The pocket for the silverware is unique. Haven't thought about putting my silverware in a pocket before!
Really liked the breadboard makeover too.
Deb

Unknown said...

I love them both! The skirt is so cute, and I love the graphic silverware holder! I so love blogland!

This N That said...

Love your copies..so useful..Fun projects

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Well done with your awesome copies, Kathy!!!

Diana Seal said...

Kathy, both are just adorable. The apron is so cute. Thanks for sharing!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, The skirts are adorable and I love the silverware holder. Great items to copy.

Debbiedoos said...

2 for oner on this ONE! Love it Kathy. That skirt is super cute!~ I thank you as always for joining in on the fun.

Ricki Treleaven said...

Both of your copycats are adorable! :D LOVE the aprons!

Linking from Debbiedoo's,
xo,
Ricki Jill

DeeDee said...

I am an apron lover.. and I might need to copycat this too.. very cute...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...