Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Quick and Inexpensive Halloween Decor

It’s a little earlier than I would normally post a Halloween project, but after seeing something similar at Hobby Lobby for $21.99, I had to try and make it for less!  Theirs had a tall thin candlestick along with a pumpkin that had a face on it.  A lovely item and one I may look for when it goes on clearance, but I wasn’t paying $21.99 for one.

DSC09210_8244

This is what you need ~

a candlestick of some kind {I had this short one in my craft room already},

black craft paint,

a pumpkin to fit on top of the candlestick {I got mine from the dollar store},

a hat {which you can make, but I did buy this package from Hobby  Lobby} and

some embellishment {the expensive one had crepe paper made into a collar or ruff}; I chose this Halloween hair elastic, also from Hobby Lobby. 

DSC09211_8245

Paint your candlestick {it doesn’t have to be black, but for this copy cat project that is what I went with, plus I had black in my supplies}.  I also then took apart the pumpkin I bought at the dollar store.  I just wanted the larger base one.  You can save the parts you took off for another project.

DSC09212_8246

I glued the Halloween hair elastic to the bottom of the pumpkin and one of the hats to the top.

DSC09213_8247

I then glued that to the now dry candlestick.

DSC09214_8248

Walla! Done in under an hour and it cost me less than $10.00. 

DSC09216_8250

Plus, the size I made will fit under one of my cloches!

DSC09217_8251

Linking up with

Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits at Stone Gable

Share Your Creations at Kristen’s Creations

 

25 comments:

Debby said...

Love those little witches hats. I thought they were lights. Still trying to think of something creative for you.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Now that's just too cute- and I love an easy project! ;)

Olive said...

Just adorable. I really do not think it is early either. I so love pumpkins. I recently spent a long time in Costco looking at all the Halloween magazines.

Gail said...

O'Kathy that is so cute! Gotta love those fast and easy projects especially when they turn out like that. Enjoy your evening, Gail

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Kathy, this is so cute!! You made it look so easy!

Becca Bertotti said...

How cute and fun is that ?! Love that you saw something you wanted (but not the price) and found a way to make it yourself (plus, I'm sure yours is MUCH cuter than theirs)! Thanks for sharing.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Just love it Kathy!!...so, so cute!!!

Diana Seal said...

Just adorable! Definitely love the inexpensive part! Thanks for sharing.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Okay--so that s really cute! But I am so o not ready for it to be halloween time. I don't like Halloween but I guess I have to go there:)

Unknown said...

Awwwww, cuteness! I love looking at something and then saying "I can make that" then 9 times out of ten I don't! LOL

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute project and I am sooo copying the idea!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It's very sweet for Fall/Halloween! Love in under the cloche. Thanks for sharing it. Wish a HL was closer to me. About an hour or so away! :(
Warmly,
deb

NanaDiana said...

That is really cute, Kathy-just darling and I like the size of it- xo Diana

Our Hopeful Home said...

Perfect! I can't believe what they charge, either! I was in Jo-Ann's yesterday and didn't even let myself look st the Fall stuff b/c I knew how overpriced it would be! Great job.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

You did it, Kathy. It looks great.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Perfect Halloween decor for your cloche. Cute little project that is now full of panache. I love it.

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Kathy, That is so cute! What a perfect Halloween decoration. I am going to get started on my fall decorations next week. Life to the full, Melissa

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

how cute! I just might try something like this!

Okio B Designs said...

Adorable!

J

Debbiedoos said...

I am so ready Kathy for Fall. This is a super cute craft. How fun!

Joe said...

Easy to make, very creative looks sooo cute and adorable :D

Unknown said...

So cute and easy. Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

The Tuscan Home said...

I love this Kathy...that is so cute! Keep your ideas coming! XO ~Liz

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Beautiful Kathy! I don't think it's too early..September is tomorrow after all. I picked up some things from Micheals today to do a few things next week. Angie xo

Linda said...

How cute Kathy! At a fraction of the cost.
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...