Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Baby Girl Baby Blanket

I mentioned last week that one of the things I am doing while enjoying the “simple pleasures” of Summer is sewing for the new baby that is due to enter our lives in the next 4 1/2 weeks.  Another granddaughter!  I thought I’d share the baby blanket I made up for her.  A very quick and easy project.

SONY DSC

I bought two fleece fabrics that coordinated with each other.  My granddaughter actually picked these out.  She loves pink!  I will make one for her, too, that will fit her bed. 

SONY DSC

After washing/drying both fabrics, I kept it simple and used the full one yard of each fabric {squared up}.  I pinned the fabric right sides together and, since I wanted to do a rounded corner, used a bowl placed in the corners to mark that out.  Then I sewed, leaving a 5 inch opening for turning.

SONY DSC

Once turned right side out, I pinned again, all the way around to not only catch the opening and close it up, but I used a decorative stitch on my sewing machine to give it more interest.  I used pink thread, but could have used a different color to give it more contrast.

SONY DSC

It is super soft and feels wonderful!  This size is perfect for a lap blanket, too, in case you are starting to think about Christmas gifts to make.

 

10 comments:

Becca Bertotti said...

Congratulations to you and your family, Kathy! I know you all cannot wait for her arrival! I love the fabrics you chose ... so soft, feminine and will make her feel so warm and comfy. And, so sweet that you're making one for "big sissy," too! Hope you're having a great summer!

NanaDiana said...

I LOVE those soft materials. It is the same colors that are in my granddaughter's new room. Congrats on the upcoming baby!!! What fun. Hope your summer is a beautiful one. xo Diana

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Love this post - your fabric patterns you picked are so perfectly complementary! I love you will make a bigger one for the sis, too! : - )

I think I'd like to make a few of these one day. Congrats on new grand, you lucky lady. Well my daughter's wedding is in three week, so hopefully next year I can share the news that I, too have a grandbaby! ♥ ????

Hugs.

Cynthia said...

It must be getting more and more exciting for the family, another baby girl to love and spoil. Adore the fabrics

Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

How exciting that your little grand will be here soon. The blanket is so cute for her. Great job.
Congrats.
Kris

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Congrats for your new granddaughter coming soon! I love the fabric color and pattern you used. Very pretty!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

love the fabrics your little grandchild picked out. so wonderfully pink!

Joy Junktion said...

How very sweet! My youngest and last grandchild is already 3. I miss those baby times! Enjoy every moment! Blessings, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy and congratulations on your little grandbaby to come! The little blanket is adorable. I'm do thankful that we have gotten to move up here close to ours and every moment is just so precious. Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Your granddaughter will love it! The fabric looks so soft and cuddly.

Congratulations Kathy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...